Do you have dreams of going on a bicycle tour? Are you thinking about cycling across your home state? Exploring a foreign country on your bike? Or even pedaling your bicycle all the way around the world?
You’re not alone! Thousands of people from all around the world go bicycle touring each and every year… and you can be one of them!
Whether you’re planning a short bike ride near your home or a multi-year-long bicycle tour all the way around the world, bicycle touring can be an incredible, life-altering experience.
There are so many wonderful reasons to go on a bicycle tour!
- Bicycle touring allows you to do something new.
- While on your bike tour, you get to experience places you’ve never been to before.
- You learn about new parts of the world.
- You get to try new foods and drinks.
- You meet new people.
- You make new friends.
- You have the time to recoup and/or rethink your life.
- Bicycle touring can challenge your way of thinking about the world.
- It allows you to discover new ways of doing things and/or approaching life.
- It gets you into nature.
- It allows you to share a unique experience with your traveling partner(s).
- It gives you a chance to accomplish something that is both mentally and physically challenging.
- It’s a great way to get physically fit, lose weight, tone muscles, or train for a larger bike ride or race.
- And it’s your opportunity to finally get some time to yourself.
There are so many good reasons to go bicycle touring!
Traveling by bike is an incredible, rewarding and memorable experience. But if you go out unprepared, your trip could be over before it’s even had a chance to begin!
Each and every year, hundreds of first-time bicycle tourists try to do it all on their own. Many of them strike out from home without having done the necessary planning or preparation and end up quitting just a few hours later, totally defeated and feeling like a failure because they didn’t know what to expect once they hit the road.
But here’s the good news: When you have someone working with you to help you figure out what kind of bicycle you should be riding, what gear and food you need to pack, how to plan out a safe and enjoyable bicycle touring route, and what to expect once you hit the road, you stand a much greater chance of completing your bike tour with ease.
In other words, it’s good to have someone with an incredible amount of knowledge and experience guiding you through the process and teaching you everything you need to know before you even attempt your own bicycle tours.